Savory Zucchini Bread with Cilantro, Scallions, and Cheddar
makes 2 loaves
2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 cups of whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1 teaspoon of black pepper
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of baking powder
3 large eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups of shredded zucchini
3 scallions, chopped
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/3 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 350', Coat 2 loaf pans with cooking spray.
2. Combine flour, salt, pepper, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl beat eggs and sugar with electric mixer. Add oil and beat until combined. Add the dry ingredients and stir by hand.
4. Fold in zucchini, scallions, cheese, and cilantro.
5. Divide batter evenly between the two loaf pans. Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
6. Cool for 10 minutes in pan. Remove from pans and place on wire rack